26 December 2011

Merry post-Christmas!

'Tis the day after Christmas, and all through the house,
We sit with our books, me with my Faust.
My sister's in bed, sick with sore throat,
my brother's exploring in his cardboard boat.
Pancakes for breakfast, cooked by my dad,
mom woke up late, needed sleep she had had,
we devoured the food, licked syrup off our plate,
oh what joy it was to eat breakfast so late.
I walked to the dryer to get my clean clothes
excited to see my new underwear and hose.
To get new bras most people wouldn't be happy
but as for me I was glad 'cuz my underthings were scrappy.
My big gift was a pair of good running shoes
wearing them in a race I surely can't lose!
New bangles and bracelets and scarves for my hair,
I'll look like a gypsy, but little I'll care.
Excuse me while I go back to my book,
to the words of Goethe I'll bestow my keen look.
So Merry post-Christmas, and to end I'll say,
Merry post-Christmas, and have a good day.

1 comment:

  1. Good stuff, especially the line about your "underthings"

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive