16 August 2009

In The Aeroplane Over the...

Last night, I had a dream.
In the dream, I am famous. I am making an appearance at Walt Disney World, for what reason I am not sure. Probably just because I am famous. Anyway, in the dream I find myself in a room crowded with adults and children alike. I am sitting at a table facing everyone, much like an author at a book signing, although to my knowledge there are no books on the table. My mom is hovering over my shoulder, talking incessently, but for whatever reason I can't understand anything she is saying. The room is very noisy, all of these families and couples socializing and creating a hum and buzz in the air.
note: I think that the WDW reference comes from my reading of Jeremy's blog that day, which chronicles his earlier experience in the Land of the Mouse.
All of the sudden I am aware that I am talking on my cellphone. It is Pastor Josh, a regular caller on The Best Show on WFMU. He is telling me that my designs were due. He never clarifies what designs these are, although somehow I know that they are for his church.
note: I think that the Pastor Josh reference comes from the practice of listening to the Best Show podcasts as I fall asleep. In the episode of that night, PJ called in.
Then, I hear a voice saying,
"When you get finished with that, I would like to talk to you!"
I look over and
it's Zach Galifianakis! And he wants to talk to me!
On the phone meanwhile, I tell PJ "Oh my gosh- Zachary C. Galifianakis wants to talk to me!"
note: I do not know what Zach G.'s middle initial is. I do not know what "C" stands for. Although I think it might have something to do with a crude Jeff Mangum joke I read earlier that day.
I end the call and turn to talk to Zach. But then the dream morphs into a weird run-away adventure where I am a kid riding this:
But then the dream goes crazy and incredibly disjointed, as dreams are wont to do.
But it was nice to wake up with the scenario of almost speaking to Zach Galifianakis fresh on my mind!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive